Tuesday 6 March 2012

Spring picks.

Spring is most definitely my favourite fashion season. It's so easy to be feminine and pretty with minimal effort. I love the pastels, chiffon, floatiness, motifs, florals... I could go all day. As tomorrow is my PAY DAY(woo hoo) I have been trolling the internet looking for the best Spring dresses to invest in this year. Here is a list of all my favourite Spring dresses on the High St right now. Some are great bargains while others are definitely splurges (considering my minimal student budget). I hope you like them as much as I do :)

This is a River Island number and it's only £25 - bargain! I love this dress as I believe every dress should come with a waist belt and the splash of orange is great as it's not too overpowering. Who can not love flowers in Spring??? 

This is a little more pricier at £42 but I think Miss Selfridge have covered the essence of Spring to a T. The pleats and the structure are just super flattering for my figure and the collar adds a few points too :)
Topshop have certainly tried to brighten up our wardrobes with this dog motif shirt dress and it has worked. At £48 it's a little more on the expensive side but is certainly a gorgeous little retro number..

This is not the type of dress I would go for as the waist is too loose for my liking but for some crazy reason I was pretty drawn to it and I love the pattern. However, being from Urban Outfitters, it's £75!! So I don't think it'll be entering my wardrobe any time soon but one is allowed to dream..
  
The colour and length of this dress screams YES YES YES. It has a flattering waist line, nice little cut out bit at the back breaks it up and it covers the chest area perfectly. Thank you Miss Selfridge! You can grab it for £42 - a little steep but in my eyes, totally worth it!

BARGAIN ALERT. At only £7.99, this dress from H&M is definitely the best value for money. It also comes in a plain coral-ly colour and navy and white stripes :) Although it's pretty plain, I think it would look great with a waist belt and the right jewellery.



What a perfect dress for a picnic. This is £26.95 from Joe Browns and has the ability to be super casual which I absolutely love!!




This lovely coral shirt dress by Red Herring at Debenhams is not only lovely but in the SALE. It's reduced from £30 to £18 as a result of 25% reductions to introduce the new season - yippee. 

So there we go, my favourite dresses on the High St right now. I hope you found this helpful. Which is your favourite? What do you love about Spring? What is the statement piece in your wardrobe this season?? 

4 comments:

  1. great choices amy, these dresses are fab! getting me in the shopping mood, and so excited for the warmer weather! my fav has got to be the green 'picnic' dress from joe browns xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of those picks!! Spring is the best because of the colors and it's like we're finally coming out of hibernation and being born again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need some more pretty summer dresses in my like. The H&M dress is a bargain! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, PalePepper! Spring is so fresh and alive :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers